MTM MUSIC MINISTRY (PRAISE AND WORSHIP)
MTM MUSIC MINISTRY (PRAISE AND WORSHIP)
To use music and singing to praise the Lord is a direct instruction from the Word of God:
My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music. -Psalms 57:7
Let them praise His name in the dance; let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp– Ps 149:3
God-honoring worship is something we strive for. Many church members get involved in our music ministry. From old to young there are opportunities for people to make a joyful noise at MTM. Our services are led out by our praise team, our choir, or individuals praising the Lord through music.
There are also opportunities for some of our youngest members to participate in our MTM Church (Junior) Choir which is made up of children who just love praising the Lord.
The music ministry of a church is important for the entire congregation. For the unsaved, it sets the mood for them to hear the gospel and receive the gift of salvation. For the newly saved, it should be exciting enough to awaken them to hear the Word of God for instruction. For the more mature, it sets the mood for praise and worship of the Lord. Remember the right music cannot save a dead service, but the wrong music could seriously injure a living one.
The pastor of the local church is responsible to see that the proper music is played and sung. This aside, the music minister should have general control and liberty of the music. The music minister should make it his goal to lead the congregation into worship while staying within the bounds that the pastor has instructed.
Type of Music
The music minister should always play Christian music. A prelude should introduce and set the pace for the service. It should be started approximately ten minutes before the service and consist of lively music that is of the same nature as that of the sermon. The song leader should keep track of which music is used in each service. This will prevent the over or under use of songs.
MUSIC MINISTRY LEADERS
He/She is directly responsible to the Chairman (Spiritual) who reports to the pastor for the total music ministry of the church.
- Direct the planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating of a comprehensive music program in preparing groups, soloists and choirs for internal and external ministry.
- Work with other choir members on special music needs in the total church program.
- Supervise the choir practices.
- Work with the nominating committee to enlist and train various leaders for the music ministry.
- Work with the Chairman (Spiritual) /pastor in selecting music for regular and special worship services – includingweddings, funerals and special projects.
- Coordinate the music program with the organizational calendar and emphases of the church.
- Participate in regular Old Age Home, hospitals and prospect visitation.
- Monitor the purchasing, maintenance and replacement of all music-related equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotion and administration.
- Prepare an annual music budget for approval and administer the budget.
- Direct congregational singing at all regularly scheduled worship services.
- Plan and arrange an “Order of Service” for worship services.
MUSIC MINISTRY ASSISTANT LEADER
- Type all correspondence for the ministry of music.
- Record messages for ministry of music.
- Maintain office files and records.
- Maintain music library.
- Order and catalog new music as needed.
- Accept additional responsibilities as needed.
MUSIC MINISTRY MEMBERS
1.It is demanded of all the members to behave decently (appropriately/Attentive) on stage.
2.They shall attend all meetings that would be organized for them by the leadership
3.They shall be in church in time and regularly as agreed by the team.
4.They shall commit themselves to training/rehearsal sessions that would be organized by the leadership
5.It is the responsibility of each member to live a godly live(beyond) reproach:
- They must be genuinely born again and filled with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
- They shouldn’t make any worldly hairdo/haircut make sure Hairdo is modest.
- They shouldn’t wear transparent outfits, and all forms of Hell advertising skirts and T-Shirts.
- Clothing must not be too tight, body hugging or revealing. Try not to wear Mini/and Micro mini.
The music ministry of a church should be virtually transparent, like the fish tank of an aquarium. No one should really notice it, but if it wasn’t there what a mess it would be. The music adds to the beauty of the service and sets the hearts of the people right. It leads the believer into the worship of God and sets the heart of the unbeliever to receive Jesus Christ. So Brokenness must be our watchword in words, and actions, within and out of the Church premises.
Its membership is open to all members who have the call of God upon them to sing praises and worship to God, and or those who desire to learn to lead the church to praise and worship God.