3 DAYS FASTING AND PRAYER FOR MAY 4TH, 5TH & 6TH MAY 2020
DATE: 4th,5th & 6th of May 2020
FASTING DAYS: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
REASONS FOR FASTING:
- FASTING BRINGS REVIVAL:
“. . . I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and sackcloth and ashes.” Daniel 9:2,3. Daniel understood that Israel was headed for destruction, and only God can bring revival and deliverance of nations from destruction in response to prayer and fasting.
- FASTING IS AN ACT OF HUMILITY AND CONSECRATION:
“. . . I put on sackcloth and humbled myself with fasting . . .” Psalm 35:13. Humility results in the grace of God (James 4:6). And instant access to the heart of God.
- SPIRITUAL CLEANSING & SPIRITUAL EYES OPENED:
Fasting helps us receive more of the Lord’s Spirit and have our spiritual eyes opened to new dimensions. A three day fast gives us spiritual strength which is especially helpful in breaking any addictive habits. Isaiah 58:6 gives us a light on the purpose of fasting: “Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to lose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?” Many people believe that fasting is to move the hand of God when in actuality, it is to make Satan turn loose of the things he is holding.
- BREAKING STRONGHOLDS & BUILDING FAITH:
Fasting loses the bands of wickedness, undo the heavy burdens, set the oppressed free, and break every yoke of the enemy. Fasting is an important key to getting victory over hard situations that do not seem to respond to normal prayer. Fasting builds our faith. Matthew 17:21 shows why disciples were not able to cast a demon out of a child. Fasting also makes it easier for us to hear the voice of the Lord (Acts 13:2). When we deny our natural cravings, our spiritual antennas become more attuned. We become more sensitive to His voice as we divest ourselves of worldly distractions.
- PRAYING FOR FORGIVENESS
According to Luke 13:1-5-God shows mercy on us for our complacency.
Fasting can be done for one meal, one day, one month, or however long God leads. It depends on how the Holy Spirit speaks to us. Shorter fasts are easier to endure until we have built up our “spiritual muscles.” A three day fast is most beneficial as a spiritual cleansing. (Acts 9:17-18).
Fasting from food but drinking water or fluids for those that can. You are welcome to break the fast each evening and start again either after the meal (12 am-9 am; 12 am-12 pm; 12 am-3 pm; 12 am-6 pm), or you can go straight through.
WHAT AM I REQUIRED TO FAST FROM?
I want to leave this decision up to you. I do not have any mandatory MTM Church requirements for how to fast; please consult your doctor if there are any medical concerns before you commence the fast. Here are a few ideas:
When we choose not to eat or not to eat certain foods, we allow our physical bodies to hunger and to bring our desires into alignment with our spiritual need for God. We are providing the following options for you to consider:
- FOOD FAST
You fast from all foods during this time (12am-9am;12am-12pm;12am-3pm; 12am-6pm) each day with fluids allowed.
- PARTIAL FAST
You choose to eliminate certain things i.e., fizzy drinks; sweets/chocolates, bread, no red meat, etc, but the rest of your diet remains mainly the same
- FRUIT AND VEG
Eat fruit during the day, with liquids (tea/limited coffee, herbal drinks, and water) with a veg meal at closing time.
Drink water and herbal drinks during the day with veg at closing time.
- MEDIA FAST
As already mentioned above, during this time, I would encourage all to abstain from all forms of worldly TV, MUSIC, GAMES, MEDIA SOCIAL MEDIA, etc. During this time, you may watch Christian materials and read our Bible, pray, worship, and hear from God. It is a good opportunity to break many of the bad habits that are keeping us away from prayer (Joel 2:28).
NB: Search your heart in deciding what type of food fast you want to do. If you have never fasted, maybe start off with a partial fast and progress to a fruit and veg option for more extended periods up to even 40 days.
During this prayer program, no matter the level of provocation, do NOT get angry. Be of your best behavior towards friends, family, and even those who do not like you.
PRAYER FOCUS DAY 1:
BEGIN EVERY SESSION LIKE THIS:
- PRAISE AND WORSHIP
Start Praising God and worship him with songs, and even with dancing.
Confess your sins one by one (e.g.sex outside marriage, abortion, or other forms of bloodshed, worship of false gods, family altars) Mention them by name, especially sexual sins. And ask GOD for forgiveness and mercy. For those sins one by one. Believe that the LORD has forgiven you as He has promised in His Word. Please note that the Holy Spirit will remind you of unrepented sins. You need to repent of them all if you want to see results in this program.
Confess out LOUD the Scriptures promising deliverance:
Colossians.2:14-15, Galatians. 3:13-14, 2 Timothy. 4:18, Isaiah 53:3-5
If you were a member of any cult group or went to sangomas at any time (or you know that your parents or ancestors were), I recommend that you pray like this:
- Lord, I repent of my involvement with this __ group (mention the name).
2.I ask for your forgiveness. Please wash me clean with the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Holy Spirit, please help me never to go back to my own vomit.
- I hereby renounce my association with this __ group in Jesus’ name (mention the name).
- I reject all the properties of this evil group (Muti/Charms) in my possession, and I command the fire of God to burn them to ashes in Jesus’ name.
- I bind all the spirits, powers, entities, strongholds associated with this group, and I cast them out of my life forever by the power in the blood of Jesus Christ. In Jesus’ name, I command these powers to loosen their hold upon my life right now. I cancel every evil claim of ownership upon my life in Jesus Christ’s name.
- I silence every evil voice speaking against my life from the camp of the wicked by the power in the blood of Jesus.
- I revoke every decree, and I counter every negative pronouncement, I cancel every spell, enchantment and divination from this evil group (mention the name e.g., Sangomas) by the power in the blood of Jesus.
- I bind every spirit associated with this group, and I FORBID them from operating against my life and family from now henceforth in Jesus’ mighty name.
- Let the blood of Jesus wash and purge me from every stamp, mark, or label associated with this group in Jesus’ name.
- I break every covenant with this group, I entered into willingly or unwillingly, whether in the physical or in the dream, in Jesus’ name.
- Let every curse attached to my membership in this group be broken by the power of the Holy Spirit and the power in the blood of Jesus Christ.
6.I, at this moment, announce my separation from this group. I terminate all assignments, and I destroy every linkage or connection with this group for now and in eternity in Jesus’ name.
- Let my name be erased from their evil registers by the blood of Jesus, and let all covenant materials with my name be consumed by the fire of God in Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.
- PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING
Close the session with high praise to the LORD.