Types Of Anger.
The word anger is mentioned over 200 times! in the Bible. Anger also know as the spirit of anger can either be ‘Holy’ or ‘Unholy’. Anger becomes holy when it is used to solve spiritual matters and problems facing the Kingdom of God. For instance, we see that in the book of Genesis 19:1-29 God was very angry with the acts of Sodom and Gomorrah that he destroyed them.
Also When Jesus cleared the temple of the moneychangers and animal-sellers, He showed great emotion and anger (Matthew 21:12-13; Mark 11:15-18; John 2:13-22).
Then we have what we can call unholy anger which leads to sin, destruction, and even oppression of God’s people.
Unholy anger can get you fired from a job; it can lead to fights among friends, relatives, and even couples; it can destroy you fortune through court battles due to divorce or injury to others; it can even lead to murder; it can block God’s blessing and instead earn you a curse.
Unholy anger can rob you of your God-given gifts especially when it leads you to sin.
Do You Suffer From The Spirit Of Anger?
I want you to do a self-evaluation of how you behave when you are angry.
Are you easily provoked to sin? Do you take offense so easily? Do you damage things? Do you say nasty things to people? Do you start fights with those close to you? Do you raise your voice to those close to you and even strangers?
Ways To Overcome The Spirit Of Anger.
If you do you think that you have the spirit of anger, ask God to help you today. Undo any wrong decision(s) taken in your angry state.
You can start your healing journey by doing a few things in the right direction starting from right now:
Next time you are angry, and you want to take it out on someone remember that you wronged others and they chose to forgive you out of love so do unto others what you want them to do to you (Matthew 7:12). Make the Bible your friend and also keep a good company of friends who are not hot-tempered after all “Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33.
Next time you are angry try praying because pray displaces anger and creates a place for the holy spirit. When you are wrong admit it quickly and apologize. Lastly, count everyone better than yourself (Philippians 2:3) and you will find no reason to be angry with anyone for whatever reason. Remember you might win the argument and lose a friend. So sometimes it’s better to lose the argument by walking away than losing a friend or a family member.
So, let’s pray these prayers with holy anger to crush completely any spirit of anger.
Worship God with Songs of Praise
Start by praising and worshipping for about 5 minutes.
Thank God for what he has done:
O Lord my Father, thank you for being my God, thank you for the privilege of knowing you, thank you for always being there for me and with me. O God my Father, thank you for the great and mighty things that you are doing in my life, thank you for your provision and protection over me and my household, and thank you for always answering my prayers.
Repent and confess your sins
O LORD, forgive me my sins and let the precious blood of Jesus avail for me great miracles in Jesus’ name. I confess my sins before you today and I ask you to forgive me based on your mercy, in Jesus’ name.
Plead the Blood of Jesus (before you start praying these prayers).
O Lord wash me clean today by the blood of Jesus Christ. I cover myself and my household with the blood of Jesus.
Then start by confessing out loud this Scripture to crush completely any spirit of anger.
Ephesians 4:26-31 (If you become angry, do not let your anger lead you into sin, and do not stay angry all day. Don’t give the Devil a chance. If you used to rob, you must stop robbing and start working, in order to earn an honest living for yourself and to be able to help the poor.
Do not use harmful words, but only helpful words, the kind that builds up and provides what is needed, so that what you say will do good to those who hear you. And do not make God’s Holy Spirit sad; for the Spirit is God’s mark of ownership on you, a guarantee that the Day will come when God will set you free. Get rid of all bitterness, passion, and anger. No more shouting or insults, no more hateful feelings of any sort.)
Proverbs 29:11 (Stupid people express their anger openly, but sensible people are patient and hold it back.)
Colossians 3:8 (But now you must get rid of all these things: anger, passion, and hateful feelings. No insults or obscene talk must ever come from your lips.)
Proven prayers to destroy the spirit of Anger
Now start praying:
1. My Father! My Father! Send the Holy Spirit to reform my character of anger and give me the gift of peace in Jesus name.
2. O Lord give me the heart to forgive those that have angered me and led me to sin in my anger, in Jesus name.
3. By the Blood of Jesus Christ I cleanse my spirit from the spirit of anger which leads to sin, in Jesus name.
4. My Father! My Father! Send a seraphim angel after the order of Isaiah 6:5-7 to touch my tongue with coals of heaven so as to remove any evil effects of my anger, in Jesus’ name.
5. Every power assigned to manipulate my mind whenever I speak, I arrest you today, in Jesus name.
6. My Father! My Father! Send your recovery angels to the land of the living and dead to recover anything (be it marriage, career, business etc) I might have lost due to my anger, in Jesus name.
7. By the power of the Holy Ghost I break every curse, jinx, incantations etc which were issued to me and my family by men in authority as a result of my careless words and actions as a result of my anger, in Jesus name.
8. By the power of the Holy Ghost I break every inherited anger from my father’s and mother’s side in Jesus name.
9. By the Blood of Jesus Christ I cleanse myself from every known and unknown sickness resulting from my anger, in Jesus name.
10. Lord God, I pray that you will help me overcome the spirit of anger in me. I ask that your spirit will dwell inside me and drive out every hand of anger inside of me, in Jesus name.