Completely Godly Fast Can Lead People To A Miracle
- JESUS EXPECTS US TO FAST:
Notice Jesus’ words at the beginning of Mt. 6:16-17, “When you fast NOT IF . . . ” By giving us instructions on what to do and what not to do when we fast, Jesus assumes that we will fast. in Mt. 9:14-15.
The Pharisees asked Him, “‘How is it that we and the Pharisees fast, but Your disciples do not fast?’ Jesus answered, ‘How can the guests of the bridegroom mourn while He is with them?
The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast’ ” (emphasis mine). That time is now. Until Jesus, the Bridegroom of the Church returns, He expects us to fast.
- TO DRAW CLOSER TO GOD AND SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM THE WORLD:
“. . . I put on sackcloth and humbled myself with fasting . . .” Psalm 35:13. Humility results in the grace of God (James 4:6). And instant access to the heart of God.
- TO SEEK GUIDANCE AND HELP IN MAKING IMPORTANT DECISIONS:
According to Acts 14:23, before Paul and Barnabas would appoint elders in the churches they founded, they first prayed with fasting to receive God’s guidance.
James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
- TO SEEK DELIVERANCE OR PROTECTION:
People from all over Judah came together to seek help from the Lord (2 Chron. 20:3-4).In Est. 4:16. It was called by Queen Esther as part of her appeal to God for protection from the king’s wrath.
- TO EXPRESS LOVE AND WORSHIP TO GOD:
Luke 2:37 and then as a widow until she was eighty-four. She did not depart from the temple, worshipping with fasting and prayer night and day.
- .TO STRENGTHEN YOUR PRAYERS
Matthew 17:21 “But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”Ezra 8:23 So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and he answered our prayer.
Fasting can be done for one meal, one day, one month, or however long God leads. It depends on how the Holy Spirit speaks to us. Shorter fasts are easier to endure until we have built up our “spiritual muscles.” A three day fast is most beneficial as a spiritual cleansing. (Acts 9:17-18).
Fasting from food but drinking water or fluids for those that can. You are welcome to break the fast each evening and start again either after the meal (12 am-9 am; 12 am-12 pm; 12 am-3 pm; 12 am-6 pm), or you can go straight through.
I want to leave this decision up to you. I do not have any mandatory MTM Church requirements for how to fast; please consult your doctor if there are any medical concerns before you commence the fast. Here are a few suggestions:
When we choose not to eat or not to eat certain foods, we allow our physical bodies to hunger and to bring our desires into alignment with our spiritual need for God. We are providing the following options for you to consider:
- FOOD FAST
You fast from all foods during this time (12am-9am;12am-12pm;12am-3pm; 12am-6pm) each day with fluids allowed.
- PARTIAL FAST
You choose to eliminate certain things i.e., fizzy drinks; sweets/chocolates, bread, no red meat, etc, but the rest of your diet remains mainly the same
- FRUIT AND VEG
Eat fruit during the day, with liquids (tea/limited coffee, herbal drinks, and water) with a veg meal at closing time.
Drink water and herbal drinks during the day with veg at closing time.
- MEDIA FAST
As already mentioned above, during this time, I would encourage all to abstain from all forms of worldly TV, MUSIC, GAMES, MEDIA SOCIAL MEDIA, etc. During this time, you may watch Christian materials and also read our Bible, pray, worship, and hear from God. It is a good opportunity to break many of the bad habits that are keeping us away from prayer (Joel 2:28).
NB: Search your heart in deciding what type of food fast you want to do. If you have never fasted, maybe start with a partial fast and progress to a fruit and veg option for more extended periods up to even 40 days.
During this prayer program, no matter the level of provocation, do NOT get angry. Be of your best behaviour towards friends, family, and even those who do not like you.
PRAYERS FOR DAY 1:
BEGIN EVERY SESSION LIKE THIS:
STEP 1. PRAISE AND WORSHIP
Start Praising God and worship him with songs, and even with dancing.
STEP 2. REPENT
Confess your sins one by one (e.g.sex outside marriage, abortion, or other forms of bloodshed, worship of false gods, family altars) Mention them by name, especially sexual sins. And ask GOD for forgiveness and mercy. For those sins one by one. Believe that the LORD has forgiven you as He has promised in His Word. Please note that the Holy Spirit will remind you of unrepented sins. You need to repent of them all if you want to see results in this program.
STEP 3. CONFESSION
Confess out LOUD the Scriptures promising deliverance:
Colossians.2:14-15, Galatians. 3:13-14, 2 Timothy. 4:18, Isaiah 53:3-5
STEP 4. PRAYER OF RENUNCIATION TO REMOVE LEGAL GROUND FROM THE ENEMY
If you were a member of any cult group or went to Witches(sangomas) at any time (or you know that your parents or ancestors were), I recommend that you pray like this:
- I renounce all agreements made with Satan, his spirits, his kingdom and all of his agents, in the Name of Jesus.
- I renounce & reject all satanic offers made to me by the power of darkness, in the Name of Jesus.
- I renounce all lust, perversion, immorality & uncleanness spirits that want to destroy me, in the Name of Jesus
- I renounce all witchcraft, sorcery, divination, and occult involvement in the past or in the present, in the Name of Jesus.
- I renounce all ungodly soul ties and immoral relationships, in the Name of Jesus.
- This year, I renounce all hatred, anger, resentment, revenge, retaliation, un-forgiveness, and bitterness, in the Name of Jesus.
- I renounce all ungodly covenants, oaths and vows made by my ancestors going back to 10 generations from my father and mother side of the family, in the Name of Jesus.
- I renounce and revoke every idle word which I have spoken, giving any spirits legal grounds into my life, in the Name of Jesus.
- I renounce, nullify, revoke and break every evil covenant, made in my dreams, in the Name of Jesus.
- I renounce, refuse and reject every false prophetic word spoken over me, which is still active in the spirit world, in the Name of Jesus.
STEP 5. PRAYERS TO REVOKE SATANIC DEDICATION
- I revoke every decree, and I counter every negative pronouncement, I cancel every spell, enchantment and divination from this evil group (mention the name e.g., Witches (Sangomas)) by the power in the blood of Jesus.
- I revoke every grip of the evil consequences, of the ancestral worship of my forefathers’ gods over my life, break by fire, in Jesus’ name.
- Let the blood of Jesus wash and purge me from every stamp, mark, or label associated with this evil group in Jesus’ name.
- I revoke every covenant with any evil group or cult, I entered into willingly or unwillingly, whether in the physical or in the dream, in Jesus’ name.
- I disentangle myself and my family from every witchcraft cage and pot, in the name of Jesus.
- I revoke and bring to judgement, any power chasing good things from me in the mighty name of Jesus.
- I revoke every garment of ancestral infirmity, disease, sickness, untimely death, poverty, disfavour, dishonour, shame and failure at the edge of miracle, passed down to my generation, in the name of Jesus.
STEP 6. PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING
Close the session with high praise to the LORD.